[csaa-forum] CFP: The Limits of Responsibility (articles/book chapters)

Lawn, Jenny J.M.Lawn at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jul 1 11:49:02 CST 2013

Dear CSAA members

The "Limits of Responsibility" conference was successfully held in Palmerston North, New Zealand in December 2012. We are now inviting all those with a research interest in the topic to submit full papers to be considered for inclusion in an edited anthology and/or a special journal issue on the conference topic.

As you will see from the call for papers (attached), we have suggested three broad headings as thematic clusters:

*         "Thinking responsibility: Ethical responses"

*         "Responsibilities of history and memory: Recalling social suffering"

*         "Responsibilities of society: Civil and juridical responsibilities"

Orienting your paper towards one of these themes would be advantageous, though we also welcome discussion that might open out other potential angles on the topic.

Submissions are due on 30 September 2013. We would be happy to consider extended abstracts in advance if you wish to discuss your topic prior to submission.

Best wishes

Jenny Lawn
j.m.lawn at massey.ac.nz

Conference committee: