[csaa-forum] Special Issue of Prose Studies - Autobiographies of Childhood and Youth

Kate Douglas kate.douglas at flinders.edu.au
Wed May 1 10:15:52 CST 2013

** apologies for cross posting**

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the publication of a special issue of the journal Prose Studies: History, Theory, Criticism:

"Telling Tales: Autobiographies of Childhood and Youth."

Please see: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/fprs20/current for further information.

Table of Contents:

“Telling Tales: Autobiographies of Childhood and Youth.” (Introduction)
-Kylie Cardell & Kate Douglas
“Childhood and Ethnic Visibility in Gene Yang's American Born Chinese.”
-Rocío G. Davis
“Trauma and Young Adult Literature: Representing adolescence and knowledge in David Small's Stitches: A Memoir.”
-Leigh Gilmore & Elizabeth Marshall
“Indecent Exposure? Margaux Fragoso and the Limits of Abuse Memoir.”
-Kylie Cardell & Kate Douglas
“Potential: Ariel Schrag Contests (Hetero-)Normative Girlhood.”
-Emma Maguire
“Alice Pung's Growing up Asian in Australia: The Cultural Work of Anthologized Asian-Australian Narratives of Childhood.”
-Pamela Graham
“Reading Saved Me”: Writing Autobiographically About Transformative Reading Experiences in Childhood.”
-Tully Barnett
“Ante-Autobiography and the Archive of Childhood.”
-Claire Lynch
“Autobiography and Play: “A Conversation with My 12 Year Old Self.”
-Anna Poletti
“ ‘Who knows, will I ever see you again,’ said the one-eyed duck.” Reflections on a Soviet Childhood in Leelo Tungal's Life Writing.”
-Leena Kurvet-Käosaar

----
Associate Professor Kate Douglas
Department of English, Creative Writing and Australian Studies
Flinders University
GPO Box 2100
Adelaide 5001, South Australia.
http://www.flinders.edu.au/people/kate.douglas

Director of Studies
Chair - Faculty Research Higher Degree Committee
Co-director: Life Narrative Research Group
http://www.flinders.edu.au/ehl/firth/focus/lifenarrative.cfm