[csaa-forum] AULLA: Call for papers | Extension of Deadlines to 31 May 2013
Tom.Clark at vu.edu.au
Mon Apr 15 20:12:05 CST 2013
AULLA: Call for papers | Extension of Deadlines to 31 May 2013
Proposals are now being considered for the Australasian Universities Language and Literature Association Congress on ‘Worldmaking’, July 10-12, University of Queensland, 2013. AULLA is a long-standing and wide-ranging Congress hosted in Australia and New Zealand. It was established over 60 years ago for the purpose of creating conversations between disciplines. The list of abstracts so far for the 2013 Congress bears this multidisciplinarity out with papers in a broad range of fields – on film and dramaturgy; urban fantasy, poetry and didactic practice; comic books, Victorian literature, Shakespeare and Renaissance literature; German and Spanish literature – to name just a few topics.
* The congress will be held in Brisbane in July – for international scholars this is perhaps the loveliest time of year to travel to Queensland, as the weather is clear, sunny and cool in the mornings.
* A number of bursaries are available to postgraduate students.
* There is also a prize (the Sussex-Samuel Prize) for the best postgraduate essay submitted to the Congress.
* The publication outcomes are excellent with edited collections arising from the last three Congresses (with Ashgate, Australian Scholarly Publishing and Palgrave) and the journal JLLC (formerly AUMLA) offering further opportunities.
* The 2013 Congress will be a special event with the celebration of the journal AUMLA as it is rebadged as Journal of Language, Literature and Culture (JLLC) in hardcopy and online formats with a wider international market.
The AULLA World Making Congress will explore how worlds and worldmaking feature in language and literature and in humanities scholarship. It asks what our various disciplines identify as the worlds we make in connection to ‘the world’ at large. How is worldmaking defined and articulated? What is at stake in the process? What does it mean to make, unmake, or remake a world, to experience, feel, or belong to a world? How might we understand – or make bridges between – natural, political, cultural, fictional, literary, linguistic and virtual worlds?
Deadline for abstracts (200 words) for papers and suggestions for themed panels: 31 May, 2013. Please send abstracts together with title and brief biography (50 words) to Emily Finlay on subscriptions at aulla.com.au<mailto:subscriptions at aulla.com.au>. They will be then be forwarded to the committee for review and you will receive confirmation as soon as the review process is complete.
Registration is now open at http://conference.aulla.com.au/pages/registration.php. The deadline for earlybird registration has been extended to 31 May, 2013.
Regards and best wishes,
Dr Tom Clark
College of Arts
PO Box 14428
tom.clark at vu.edu.au<mailto:tom.clark at vu.edu.au>
Tel. +61 (0)3 9919 2196
Fax. +61 (0)3 9919 2699
This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal information or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria University does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and accepts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the csaa-forum