[csaa-forum] Research Fellow: Institute for Social Transformation Research, University of Wollongong

Vera Mackie vera at uow.edu.au
Thu Oct 6 13:55:37 CST 2011

Research Fellow

Job Reference: 24046
Limited Term (3 years)

The Faculty of Arts at the University of Wollongong continues to experience a phase of growth and transformation. All our major teaching areas have been or are being reviewed to ensure an up-to-date and internationally-oriented curriculum closely articulated to the Faculty’s research strengths. The Institute for Social Transformation Research, a University of Wollongong Research Strength, which focuses on understanding the impact of social change and cultural transformation in our region and across the globe, has three broad clusters: Social Thought and Action; Creative Practice and Cultural Innovation; and, Regional Change and Transformation . The Faculty is medium-sized and dynamic with a focus on high quality teaching programs, high impact interdisciplinary research and national and international leadership in all its activities.

Institute for Social Transformation Research (ISTR)

The Institute brings together scholars who are at the cutting edge of creative and community-engaged research in the humanities, creative arts and social sciences, with a shared focus on understanding the impact of social change and cultural transformation in our region and across the globe. It conducts research under three broad themes: Social Thought and Action; Creative Practice and Cultural Innovation; Regional Change and Transformation .

We are seeking a highly productive researcher to work with the ISTR Director and Faculty researchers to enhance the profile of the Institute in the wider research community.

Contact – Professor Ian Buchanan, Director, Institute for Social Transformation Research , +61 2 4221 4882, <ibuchana at uow.edu.au>

Quote Ref No: 28037

Closing date: 16 October 2011

Closing date:    Sun, 16 Oct 2011
Base Salary range (Full-time equivalent)    $77,104.00 (min) - $91,560.00 (max)

Full details at: http://employment.uow.edu.au/cgi-bin/job_details.cgi?id=24046