[csaa-forum] New Scholar: An International Journal of the Humanities, Creative Arts and Social Sciences now online

Alice Healy Alice.Healy at unisa.edu.au
Mon Sep 12 12:05:11 CST 2011

Dear CSAA Members,

Our inaugural issue of New Scholar is now available online via the following link: http://www.newscholar.org.au/index.php/ns. It contains a strong interdisciplinary collection of essays on the question of 'New Scholarship'. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our web site to register as a reader and review articles and items of interest. We will be distributing the CFP for the next issue very soon and welcome ideas for special issues.

Could you please distribute to your networks? We'd appreciate it. Thanks to those who have provided support on the establishment of our new journal.

Please see below for details:
Regards,
Alice and Bridie

Dr Alice Healy-Ingram & Dr Bridie McCarthy
Managing Editors.

New Scholar
Vol 1, No 1 (2011): New Scholarship?
Table of Contents
http://www.newscholar.org.au/index.php/ns/issue/view/1

Articles
--------
Full Issue:Volume 1, Issue 1
        Full Issue

Editors' Introduction
        Bridie McCarthy, Alice Healy-Ingram

The PhD thesis as 'text': a post-structuralist encounter with the
limits of discourse
        Angelique Bletsas

Anthoethnography: Emerging research into the culture of flora, aesthetic
experience of plants, and the wildflower tourism of the future
        John Ryan

Universe of Quanta: Unintentional Intention in Contemporary Lyric Verse
        Grant Caldwell

Elizabeth Costello and the Ethics of Embodiment
        Elizabeth C. MacFarlane

Painful Scholarship: Reconsiderations of Pain and Pleasure and the Question
  of Masochism - after Deleuze.
        Blair McDonald

Commentaries
--------
Location or Locations? Reflecting on the Virtues of Multi-Scale
Ethnographic Research
        Georgina Drew

Reviews
--------
New Scholarly Study of the Contemporary Biopic
        Penny Spirou