[csaa-forum] Critical Race and Whiteness Studies - Call for Papers

Holly Randell-Moon holly.randell-moon at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:28:29 CST 2011

Call for Papers – General Issue
Critical Race and Whiteness Studies (formerly the Australian Critical Race and Whiteness Studies Association ejournal) is currently calling for submissions for the journal’s general issue to be published in January, 2012. We welcome submissions of articles and review essays. Critical Race and Whiteness Studies is a peer-reviewed publication that combines the quality of a scholarly journal with the speed and accessibility of online publishing. As an online journal, we are keen to accept submissions that utilise new media such as photography and film (subject to Copyright Requirements). The journal seeks to showcase innovative scholarship in the area of critical race and whiteness studies. The journal is multi-disciplinary in its approach and accepts papers from a wide range of areas in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education and Law, including: ·       Indigenous and Native American Studies·       Asian Studies·       African and African American Studies·       Race and Ethnic Studies·       History and Historiography·       Tourism and Heritage Studies·       Post-colonial Studies·       Critical legal Studies·       Literary Studies and Comparative Literature·       Cultural Studies and Media and Communication Studies·       Psychology·       Anthropology·       Women's Studies, Gender Studies, Disability Studies and Queer Studies·       Social Theory and Political Science·       Drama and Performing Arts Submissions for the issue are welcomed from now until November 1st 2011. Articles should be between 4,000-8,000 words in length (double spaced pages) including tables, notes and references. An abstract of 200-300 words should accompany the article. Submission guidelines can be found at the journal’s website: http://www.acrawsa.org.au/ejournal/submissionguidlines.php

We also welcome shorter pieces of creative or analytical writing (up to
1000 words), visual material, or reviews of books, films, plays etc.

Submissions and enquiries about the issue should be sent to Dr. Holly Randell-Moon: acrawsaejournal at acrawsa.org.au

Dr. Holly Randell-Moon
Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies
Faculty of Arts
Macquarie University, NSW 2109
AustraliaEditor
Critical Race and Whiteness Studies
http://www.acrawsa.org.au/ejournalMediating Faiths: Religion and Socio-Cultural Change in the Twenty-First Century
http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&edition_id=12018&title_id=9001&calctitle=1------"It annoys me that the biggest political icon from the last 30 years has been Margaret Thatcher, someone who tried to destroy the working class ... it freaks me out you know." - Noel Gallagher