[csaa-forum] removal of journal ranking system

Paul Magee paul.magee at canberra.edu.au
Wed Jun 1 14:01:31 CST 2011

Colleagues,

I¹m still a little confused as to what a Œunit of evaluation¹ is. Is that a
new term for Œacademic¹?

The way quality is so swiftly defined (Œthe introduction of a journal
quality profile, showing the most frequently published journals¹) in terms
of quantity also confuses me. Do you think we could do it the other way
round, so that whenever people ask us to quantify a phenomenon we respond in
terms of its qualities?  Q: How many plastic spacemen does it come with? A:
They¹re really extraordinarily flexible, a product of sector-leading
injection moulding.

Best

Dr Paul Magee

Associate Professor of Poetry
Faculty of Arts and Design
University of Canberra
ACT 2601

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K