[csaa-forum] Cfp: ASCP annual conference, Dec 12-15, La Trobe

Robert Sinnerbrink robert.sinnerbrink at mq.edu.au
Fri May 13 17:10:44 CST 2011

Dear All,

The following item may be of interest to CSAA members:

Call for Papers

Australasian Society of Continental Philosophy Annual Conference
‘The Time(s) of Our Lives', December 12-15th, 2011.

La Trobe University, Melbourne.
John Scott Meeting House, Bundoora

Keynote Speakers:
Professor Elizabeth Grosz (Rutgers University), “Deleuze and Ruyer”
Professor John McCumber (UCLA), “Making Time Intelligible”
Professor James Williams (University of Dundee), “The Time of Teaching”

Special Mini-conference:
“Time and Creation: Castoriadis in the Antipodes” (15th and 16th)

The initial deadline for the submission of conference abstracts is
Friday 26 August 2011, and confirmation of selection will be forwarded
within 2 weeks of this date.

We will continue to consider abstracts until 1 November 2011 subject
to the availability of space on our program.

Abstract proposals of less than 500 words should be emailed to
thetimesofourlives1 at gmail.com

Further information on the conference (including the Castoriadis
conference) can be found at the ASCP website:
http://www.ascp.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=180&Itemid=53

Information about conference registration fees and accommodation will
also be posted by August 26th.

The conference organising committee
Jack Reynolds, Toula Nicolacopoulos, George Vassilacopoulos, Miriam
Bankovsky, Sean Bowden, Richard Sebold

--

Dr Jack Reynolds
Philosophy Department Coordinator

--
Dr Robert Sinnerbrink
Lecturer, Department of Philosophy
email: robert.sinnerbrink at mq.edu.au
Tel: +612 9850 9935
Fax: +612 9850 8892
www.phil.mq.edu.au/staff/sinnerbrink.htm
http://mq.academia.edu/RobertSinnerbrink
Communications Officer, Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy
http://www.ascp.org.au/