[csaa-forum] FW: #ozelection - a nation tweeting to itself - http://www.upstart.net.au/ozelection/

Lawrie Zion L.Zion at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 06:52:47 CST 2010

Apologies for cross postings

________________________________

From: Lawrie Zion
Sent: Monday, 15 March 2010 8:21 AM
To: Lawrie Zion
Subject: FW: #ozelection - a nation tweeting to itself -
http://www.upstart.net.au/ozelection/

A good newspaper, I suppose, is a nation talking to itself
US playwright Arthur Miller, 1961

At upstart (http://www.upstart.net.au), we've have taken Arthur Miller's
words to heart but with a twist. With a federal election looming, we're
inviting citizen journalists around the country to tweet rather than
talk.

To that end, we've created a Google Map/Twitter mashup where citizen
journalists can tweet their comments and images (via TwitPic) about the
federal election and it will be plotted on a map of Australia.

To participate, simply insert the hashtag #ozelection along with the
postcode of your present location into your election-related tweets and
they will appear in the twitter feed and on the map.

Better still, snap a picture from the campaign trail on your mobile and
send it to your TwitPic account along with #ozelection and your postcode
and it will appear on the site.

If you're at the shopping centre during the campaign and see Kevin Rudd
or Tony Abbott kissing babies in the food court, tell us about it or
tweet a picture. In time, we're hoping that A Nation Tweeting to Itself
will become one of the biggest citizen journalism projects ever
attempted in Australia.

To visit the site, go to: http://www.upstart.net.au/ozelection/