[csaa-forum] Teaching Aust. Lit. Resource on the www

Alice Healy Alice.Healy at unisa.edu.au
Thu Jan 14 11:01:38 CST 2010

Happy New Year to you all!

The Teaching Australian Literature (TAL) team invite you to have a look at the newly developed Teaching Aust. Lit. Resource on the AustLit site (http://teaching.austlit.edu.au/). Developing this resource has been part of the ALTC funded Teaching Australian Literature Survey project. The Resource compiles data about Australian literature teaching organised by institution, course, unit, and texts studied. This data is available through a searchable web interface so that users can quickly find information about where and in what context Australian literary texts are taught and the types of assessment undertaken, providing links to relevant university websites in schools and departments at universities around the country. We are also keen to develop the international content, so please let us know about your courses in Australian literature, film, Indigenous studies, life writing, theatre, poetry and etc.

The Teaching Aust. Lit. Resource compiles information about the current teaching of Australian literature and is intended to provide an interactive site for the sharing of ideas and contexts about teaching Australian literature amongst the teaching community. With the engagement of the teaching community in its development and scope it will also offer opportunities to research trends in Australian literature teaching, including the design of units, the use of texts and the popularity of authors in the classroom.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on the TAL Resource. Let us know how you’d like to see it evolve. We acknowledge the funding assistance of the ALTC through it Discipline Based Initiative scheme, the AustLit consortium and the University of Queensland which enabled the creation of TAL.

Enjoy!

Best Wishes,

The TAL team Philip Mead, Kerry Kilner, Alice Healy, Anna Gray and Jonathan Hadwen

Dr. Alice Healy
Lecturer in Australian Studies
David Unaipon College of Indigenous Education and Research (DUCIER)
University of South Australia
Ph: 08 8302 9280
Email: alice.healy at unisa.edu.au

Co-director of ALTC funded 'Teaching Australian Literature Survey': http://teaching.austlit.edu.au/