[csaa-forum] FW: Full-time Professor Needed at Yeungnam University in Gyeongsan, South Korea
je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Fri Dec 11 17:13:45 CST 2009
Thanks for picking that up. I think we can assume it is a typo and that the contract ends in 2011.
Although if someone has finally invented time travel, that would be excellent too...
From: Lawrie Zion <L.Zion at latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:37:19 +1000
To: Jean Burgess <je.burgess at qut.edu.au>, CSAA <csaa-forum at lists.cdu.edu.au>
Conversation: [csaa-forum] FW: Full-time Professor Needed at Yeungnam University in Gyeongsan, South Korea
Subject: RE: [csaa-forum] FW: Full-time Professor Needed at Yeungnam University in Gyeongsan, South Korea
Note the period of the contract - item 3 ...
From: csaa-forum-bounces at lists.cdu.edu.au [mailto:csaa-forum-bounces at lists.cdu.edu.au] On Behalf Of Jean Burgess
Sent: Friday, 11 December 2009 6:26 PM
Subject: [csaa-forum] FW: Full-time Professor Needed at Yeungnam University in Gyeongsan, South Korea
Dear colleagues, FYI:
------ Forwarded Message
From: "Han Woo PARK (Asso. Prof.)" <hanpark2020 at gmail.com>
Please circulate this call! Thanks in advance.
Full-time Professor Needed at Yeungnam University in Gyeongsan, South Korea
Yeungnam University is now accepting applications for a full-time foreign-instructor (a native English speaker preferred) to be available March 1, 2010. Located on 900 scenic acres in Gyeongsan, 6 miles southeast of Daegu, Yeungnam University is a private university with a student enrollment of over 35,000.
1. Job Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, depending on career specialty
2. Teaching Subjects
- Mass Communication & Society, Research Method, Communication Theory, etc.
3. Period of Contract
- March 1, 2010 to February 30, 2010 with the possibility of renewal
4. Teaching Loads & Semesters
- 9 credits per semester (Spring & Fall, 15-week semesters)
- All classes should be taught in English
5. Requirements & Qualifications
- Ph.D. preferred in Media & Communication
- The applicant with a Master's degree should at least one-year of teaching experience at a university
l Preferred qualifications:
- An English-language teaching certificate (TESOL/TEFL/CELTA or equivalent) from a recognized provider.
- A resourceful, innovative and dedicated professional who truly enjoys teaching.
- An energetic, self-motivated team player with strong collaborative and communication skills.
6. Salary & Benefits
- An annual salary of 31,161,000 to 40,341,000 Won (or more) for twelve months, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Overtime pay: Overtime pay for teaching will be paid according to the University's standard rates in effect during the contract term of employment.
- The Professor's health insurance will be covered by Yeungnam University's Medical Insurance Policy at the standard rate in effect during the contract term of employment
- Pension Insurance Fees(Insurance Fund) will be paid by the professor according to the Pension Law(Act) Korea.
- The University will allow the Professor to have maximum 8 weeks of vacation during the summer and winter vacation period.
- All applicable taxes are to be paid by the professor according to the Korean Tax Law.
- Housing: A university owned furnished apartment is provided. If no vacancies are available, you will be provided with a housing allowance of 450,000 KRW per month.
- The University will provide one research office.
* Application & Deadline
- Documents Required Before the Interview Date:
1) A cover letter that outlines your teaching experience and range of teaching interests
2) A statement of interest in and qualifications for teaching specific courses
3) Two copies of detailed resume with photo (Please indicate month and year for your work experience and education.)
4) A copy of passport photo page
5) Two letters of recommendation
6) The alien registration ID(It can be submitted later)
7) Three passport sized photos
8) Two evidences of career development
9) Two copies of diploma (Bachelor, Master, and PhD).
10) The two copies of certificate of grades(GPA on bachelor, master, PhD)
- Deadline: Dec. 30, 2009
- E-mail: feel0932 at hanmail.net (You can apply by E-mail.)
- Mailing Address:
Miss Kyeong-Ha Nam
A secretary to the Chair of Department of Media & Communication
214-1, Dae-dong, Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
Zip Code 712-749
------ End of Forwarded Message
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the csaa-forum