[csaa-forum] CFP

Ian Buchanan buchanani at Cardiff.ac.uk
Sat Nov 7 19:38:06 CST 2009

Call for papers

Schizoanalysis and Visual Culture
Centre for Critical and Cultural Theory
Cardiff University, June 1st and 2nd 2010

What is schizoanalysis and how might it be applied to the analysis of contemporary visual culture?
This question is both daunting in its complexity and exciting in terms of the possibility for a
whole new way of thinking about visual culture it offers. Answering it seems to require that we
experiment with Deleuze and Guattari’s ideas and concepts to produce our own new syntheses adequate
to the demands of the present creative, historical and theoretical conjuncture we find ourselves in
today. That is the challenge this symposium will take up by bringing together some of the most
creative and exacting scholars working in the twin fields of Deleuze studies and film studies today.

Keynote Speakers

Dr Felicity Colman (Manchester Metropolitan)

Dr Patricia MacCormack (Anglia Ruskin University)

Dr Richard Rushton (University of Lancaster)

Professor Tom Conley (Harvard University)

Professor David Rodowick (Harvard University)

Professor Mirjam Schaub (The Free University of Berlin)

Professor Paola Marrati (Johns Hopkins University)

Professor Patricia Pisters (University of Amsterdam) TBC