[csaa-forum] Humanities in Western Australia Today workshop 23 November 2009

Kylie Brass Kylie.Brass at humanities.org.au
Wed Nov 4 06:48:56 CST 2009

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear Colleague,

The Australian Academy of the Humanities and the Institute of Advanced Studies invite you to attend a workshop on the Humanities in Western Australia Today.

When:   10.00am—12.30pm, Monday, 23 November 2009 (9.30am for tea and coffee).
Where:  Webb Lecture Theatre, The University of Western Australia.
(For directions, please see campus map http://www.uwa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/23367/campusmap.pdf  (map ref H9). The closest parking lot is P20).

The Humanities in Australia Today (HAT) project aims to form a clear picture of how the humanities are going, and where we are heading (for more information see http://www.hatproject.org.au/).

Our Perth workshop will headline a series of consultations with scholars across Western Australian universities. A panel will kick-start a broad-ranging discussion on what it’s like working in the humanities in Western Australia today. The workshop will contribute to developing policy recommendations to support and advance the humanities.

Registration for the workshop is free. We'll circulate some stimulus reading to participants in advance, so please RSVP by 16 November 2009 to Kylie Brass at kylie.brass at humanities.org.au or (02) 9036 7642.

Please feel free to forward this email to interested colleagues.

We look forward to seeing you there,

Best regards,

Kylie

Dr Kylie Brass
The Australian Academy of the Humanities
email:kylie.brass at humanities.org.au
phone: +61 2 9036 7642
website: http://www.humanities.org.au/