[csaa-forum] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Francophone Studies, UTS

ilaria vanni ilaria.vanni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 17:30:43 CST 2009

Please distribute to your networks.

http://www.jobs.uts.edu.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=415844&from

*

   - Enhance your academic career
   - Great employee benefits
   - Competitive salary package

*

UTS is a top-ranking institution in the Commonwealth Government's 2008
Learning and Teaching Performance Fund and enjoys an international
reputation for quality teaching and research. Our Cultural and Language
Studies Groups within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) are
committed to providing a comprehensive learning experience for our students
and leading high-impact international research.

 To build on our established International Studies programs, we have a
genuine opportunity to contribute to research, teaching and leadership in
our Francophone majors and European Studies programs.

 Using your extensive knowledge of language, culture, history and politics
of France, Switzerland and/or Quebec, supported by a PhD in a relevant
subject area, you will be able to enhance your academic career through the
reputation of UTS’ international research and teaching profile.

 Your leadership and subject/course coordination experience, combined with
an enviable track record of high quality research activities, will enhance
your eligibility for appointment at the Senior Lecturer level.

 As part of our commitment to our staff, we can offer you 17%
superannuation, discounted gym membership, a variety of development
opportunities, generous leave provisions including paid parental leave, and
access to on-site childcare centres.

 *Salary range: *$73,149 to $103,086 pa plus superannuation.

 Please note, if you are reading this advert on SEEK to proceed with your
application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below *which will take you
to UTS’s online application system and the Position Description*. Once on
our site please ensure you follow the Application Procedure details below.

 *Application procedure: *

To apply, please visit UTS’ online application system via
http://www.hru.uts.edu.au/jobs/ to obtain the selection criteria, which you
need to address in your application, and to submit your CV.

 Please include details of three referees in your CV.

 If you require further information on the position email:
ilaria.vanni at uts.edu.au

 *Closing Date: Friday 6 November 2009*

 Ref No: R041009
 *Location:* Sydney  *Category:* Academic  *Work Type:* Permanent Full Time
* Job Ref : *  R041009  * Open To :* All applicants   * Submitted : *
09-10-2009

POSITION STATEMENT - ACADEMIC STAFF
UTS: HUMAN RESOURCES
Position:     Lecturer/Senior Lecturer French Studies

Faculty/School/Department/Unit:     Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

Academic Supervisor's Name:      Dr Ilaria Vanni

Academic Supervisor's Position:     Academic Group Head Cultural Studies

POSITION PURPOSE

To contribute to research, teaching and leadership in the Francophone majors
and the International Studies programs in UTS: International Studies.

DUTIES OF THE POSITION:

TEACHING AND LEARNING/EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT

Co-ordinate and teach in the Francophone majors (French Language and
Cultural Subjects; France, Switzerland and/or Quebec Majors; Foundations in
International Studies; Interational Studies Research Seminar) in the
international studies program.

Additional Duties Expected of a Senior Lecturer

Perform formal and informal leadership roles within the Francophone majors
and International Studies programs including academic program management
roles, supervision of casual academic staff and the development, review and
improvement of teaching programs and practices.

RESEARCH AND SCHOLARSHIP

Conduct research related to contemporary Francophone (France, Switzerland,
Quebec) studies and European Studies in either applied linguistics or
history, culture and politics.

Supervise research students in either applied linguistics or Francophone
historical or cultural studies or political and social sciences.

Contribute to the research programs and culture of the Faculty through
activities such as membership of research groups and centres, contributing
to Faculty seminar programs and contributing to public debates in areas of
research expertise.

CONSULTING/EXTERNAL ACTIVITIES

Participate in a range of external engagement activities through involvement
in short course programs, public seminars, approved external consultancies,
alumni activities, and other related roles.

ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP

Undertake administrative and management roles commensurate with the level of
appointment.

Participate in Faculty marketing and student recruitment activities.