[csaa-forum] A Crisis Like No Other? AWGF Symposium - 27th July, 2009, Sydney

Fiona Allon fiona.allon at usyd.edu.au
Wed May 27 15:14:13 CST 2009

Dear colleague,

The AWGF will be holding a symposium on Monday, 27th of July 2009 in the
MacCallum Cullen Rooms, Holme Building.

A Crisis Like No Other? : What¹s different about this financial crisis, and
how should that difference inform analysis and strategic responses?

There is much written and discussed about the origins and nature of the
current financial crisis. In reaction, there are many short-term and
longer-term proposals on the table. But to what extent are they Œstandard¹
what extent can they be seen as responses informed by the specificity of
this crisis? In this symposium, we look to explore the distinctiveness of
the current crisis, in both its Œfinancial¹ and Œsocial¹ dimensions, with
the object of debating regulatory and wider social responses to the crisis.

We are pleased and honoured to have special guests Professors Randy Martin
(NYU) and Geoff Mann (Simon Fraser Uni) presenting along with Dr Fiona Allon
(USYD), Professor John Roberts (USYD), Dr Martijn Konings (USYD), Dr Melinda
Cooper (USYD), Professor Dick Bryan (USYD), Dr Mike Rafferty (USYD) and
Stephen Long (ABC Radio and Television, Current Affairs).

Registration is FREE for AWGF members and USYD staff ­ bookings will be
essential as we have very limited places on this event. If you would like to
attend, please email Amanda Setiadi directly (a.setiadi at econ.usyd.edu.au)
with your RSVP.

Cost for non-members/staff will be $250 and registration for this will be
made available soon via the WRC website <http://www.wrc.org.au/> .

Please find further details below (if you cannot view the information below,
flyer has also been attached).

If you have any enquiries, please contact Amanda Setiadi on 02 9351 5622.

Amanda Setiadi | Training Support Officer
Workplace Research Centre
Storie Dixson Wing H10
The University of Sydney NSW 2006
' 61 2 9351 5622   Ê02 9351 5615
E:   a.setiadi at econ.usyd.edu.au
W: www.wrc.org.au <http://www.wrc.org.au>

To keep up to date on our latest findings, research, events and more - click
here to subscribe to our newsletter
<http://www.wrc.org.au/subscribe-to-newsletter.php> .

------ End of Forwarded Message