[csaa-forum] REMINDER - Call for Submissions - Peril #7 "Fashion Fetish" (Deadline: 31 March 2009)

Tseen Khoo Tseen.Khoo at arts.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 11:08:56 CST 2009

*[apologies for x-posting]*

*REMINDER - Call for Submissions - /Peril/ #7 - "Fashion Fetish"*

'Fashion Fetish' is the theme for /Peril/ Issue 7! Love it or hate it,
everyone has an opinion on fashion and fads. Is it, as Bowie says, big,
bland, loud and tasteless? Or is it the realm of risk-takers and
visionaries? Do you follow or buck trends? Is Oriental in (yet again)
this year? Are we talking clothes or cultures?

Below are some prompts that we hope are only the start of what you might
do with the theme:

|* (Un)healthy obsessions
* 'So hot right now' – lure or deterrent?
* Extreme fashion
* Fashion, culture and identity – who or what does it say you are?
* What's class got to do with it?

Let's see and hear what you think about 'Fashion Fetish' – write,
create, draw, compose, collaborate! We accept submissions of any kind of
text, sound or visual art, as long as it can be presented online (e.g.
essays, blog entries, reflections, poetry, fiction, memoir, spoken word
tracks, photos, etc.). Text limit is 1000 words, preferably submitted in
.txt format.

We are fortunate enough to have two issues sponsored by the Australia
Council this year, and will be paying contributors for Issues 7 and 8.
Issue 8's theme will be "Why are people so unkind?"

*The deadline for Issue 7 material is March 31 2009, to be published
online by May 2009. This issue will be launched at the Sydney Writers
Festival by Annette Shun Wah (full details forthcoming).
*

Please send your submissions and queries to peril at asianaustralian.org
<http://peril%40asianaustralian.org/>

Check us out at http://www.peril.com.au/