[csaa-forum] Sydney researcher needed for Global media study

Louise North northlouise at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:40:28 CST 2009

Dear colleagues,
I am the Regional Research Co-ordinator (Aust, NZ and Fiji) for the global media study, "Global Report on the Status of Women in the News Media", lead by US researcher Carolyn Byerly.
I am looking for a Sydney-based researcher who can carry out face-to-face interviews with a senior HR person in three to four media organisations in Sydney.
The researcher would source the appropriate person and collect the information needed for the survey (basically employment data) during the interview, which is expected to take an hour.
The project is funded by the International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF, see website www.iwmf.org) and the researcher would be well paid for their work.
This project would best suit PhD students or research assistants who have an interest in media organisations.
If you are interested please contact me so we can discuss the project in more detail.
Kind regards
Dr Louise North
Senior Lecturer and Deputy Head of Journalism
School of Humanities, Communications & Social Sciences
Monash University, Gippsland Campus
Northways Road,
Churchill, Victoria 3842
AUSTRALIA
Phone: (03) 5122 6347
Fax: (03) 5122 6359
Louise.North at arts.monash.edu.au

Regional Research Co-ordinator (Aust, NZ and Fiji)
Global Report on the Status of Women in the News Media

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT