[csaa-forum] Free St John Online First Aid Course

Lelia GREEN l.green at ecu.edu.au
Fri May 16 03:55:09 CST 2008

Hi CSAA members

Assuming that sustainability starts with life, this is in line with our 2007 conference theme ... I have completed this course and can recommend it.

I forwarded this since I was a little shaken to realise that 8% of accident fatalities die because their airways are blocked.

This is a good, self-paced online course that would give members and others useful pointers as to how to save a life at an accident scene. I presume this is why St John has created and is publicising the course. You don't have to be an existing St John member: you start by registering from scratch.

It's not a scam. (Though maybe I should have thought of that before clicking the link and starting to do it!)

Best wishes

Lelia

 <http://stjohnambulance.cmail3.com/email/409333/wwwbangonlinemarketingcomau/images/stjohns/title2.gif>
 <http://stjohnambulance.cmail3.com/email/409333/wwwbangonlinemarketingcomau/images/stjohns/logo.gif> 	The majority of road accident deaths occur in the first minutes after the crash, before the arrival of the emergency services.

Road accident fatalities are most commonly caused by a blocked airway whereby the unconscious person's head has slumped forward blocking the windpipe. On average it takes less than four minutes for a blocked airway to cause death. In Western Australia alone up to 8% of road deaths occur due to a blocked airway.

Did you know that by gently tilting the victim's head back and lifting their jaw forward you can often prevent a needless tragedy? It's simple techniques like these that you will learn in the FREE online Crash Course.

It will only take 30 minutes of your life to learn how to save another.

The Crash Course is free for a limited time so don't miss out and log on today (free offer ends 30 June 2008).

 <http://stjohnambulance.cmail3.com/l/409333/vir46tj4/httpsli7li1//www.ambulance.net.au/onlinecourse/login.asp>
Don't forget to forward this email onto your friends, family and work colleagues so they too can learn how to save a life today.
 <http://www.forwardtomyfriend.com/4l16g/9c66e6698fb4477eaa31a3280973ba33/>
St John Ambulance
209 Great Eastern Highway
Belmont WA 6104