[csaa-forum] ANZCA08 Second Round CFP

Tilley, Elspeth E.Tilley at massey.ac.nz
Wed Mar 5 12:04:37 CST 2008

Apologies for any cross posting.

ANZCA Power and Place Communication Conference, Wellington, New Zealand: Second-round CFP

There's still time to submit papers to the Australian & New Zealand Communication Association Conference.  The conference will be held in Wellington, New Zealand on July 9-11, 2008.  We welcome participants from a variety of disciplines to explore new directions in communication research.

Theme: The conference theme "Power and Place" brings together two of the most challenging and thought-provoking dimensions of communication and culture.

Call for papers: We warmly invite conference papers of up to 4,000 words broadly exploring topics related to the theme of Power and Place.  Check out the programme section of our website http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz <http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz/>  for the different streams, and have a look at the array of topics in the papers submitted so far.

Important dates: April 14: Final versions of refereed papers are due.  This is also the final date for the second round of refereed papers. (The first round of refereeing has closed, but you can submit full papers to the second round for a summary refereeing decision.)

June 9: Final date for non-refereed submissions. Send an abstract only. See http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz <http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz/>  for details.

Why contribute?

Ø         We're the biggest annual gathering in Australasia for educators and researchers in communication, organisational communication, media, public relations, and journalism, and we always welcome a lively stream of trans-disciplinary presenters in cultural studies and related areas.

Ø         Refereed papers will be published in the ANZCA08 proceedings, an official online refereed conference proceedings publication with international refereed publication status.

Ø         We're often noted for our extremely friendly conferences!

Speakers: The conference features an excellent array of guest speakers, including Professor Maxwell McCombs, Professor Jennifer Craik, Nicky Hager, Professor Ngatata Love, Professor Karen Ross.

Postgraduates: Postgraduate students are especially welcome.  See the Postgraduate section of our website for details of special functions, prizes, and more.

More information: Check out our comprehensive website at http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz <http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz/>

Dr Elspeth Tilley <http://communication.massey.ac.nz/massey/depart/cob/school/communication/staff/elspeth-tilley.cfm>
Lecturer in Communication
Room 6C13A, Department of Communication, Journalism & Marketing
Massey University, Wellington

ANZCA08 is coming to Wellington!
Click here <http://anzca08.massey.ac.nz/>  for details...