[csaa-forum] new book on Australian popular music

Jon Stratton J.Stratton at curtin.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 12:07:04 CST 2007

   Hi Everybody,
     This is a piece of shameless self-promotion.  API Network Books have just published my book on Australian popular music in the 1960s and 1970s.  It is Jon Stratton _Australian Rock: Essays in Popular Music_.  It contains extended versions of a couple of my articles that have appeared in Continuum and reprints of a couple that have appeared in Perfect Beat as well as pieces on the Scientists, grunge and global flows, and the Triffids and the group's relationship to Perth.  The lengthy introduction contains a discussion of multiculturalism and popular music in Australia.  The book costs $34.95 (plus p&p) and is available from API Network Books.  Orders, or enquiries, can be emailed to: orders at api-network.com .  You can also ring Sue Powell on 089-266-3717.  Please consider getting your insitution's library to buy a copy!
thank you,
Jon