[csaa-forum] Bursary for scholars without institutional support (SWIS) to attend CSAA 2007 annual conference

Paul Magee paul.magee at canberra.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 12:58:22 CST 2007

Dear colleagues,

The executive of the CSAA is now calling for applications to its 2007
bursary to assist Scholars Without Institutional Support (S.W.I.S. for
short) to attend the 2007 annual conference at UniSA in Adelaide. The idea
of this bursary is primarily to lend some assistance to scholars who have
completed their doctorates, and no longer have access to institutional
sources of support such as conference funds. We particularly want to assist
scholars who are unemployed / under-employed, and in search of academic
work. The fund will not cover the full range of a scholar¹s conference
expenses, but should at least cover registrations, and possibly some more
expenses, depending on demand.

NB the bursary is only open to those who have already had abstracts accepted
for the conference, and is decided on the grounds of financial need alone.
Simply email paul.magee at canberra.edu.au, and indicate in 2-3 lines your
current employment situation and the reason you have no access to conference
funds (e.g. Œgraduated in 2005 so no longer eligible for postgraduate
funding¹).

NBB If you are in sessional employment please check carefully to see whether
your employer has conference funding for you or not; in many cases the
answer will be no. But please check closely, so that the little money we
have can be directed to the areas of greatest need.

Please submit all applications to me by Thursday 15th of November.

Regards

Paul

Dr. Paul Magee

President, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
Lecturer in Creative Reading
School of Creative Communication
University of Canberra
ACT 2601

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K