[csaa-forum] Does anyone know a good source of statistics re: the Australian population's radio listening habits

Paul Magee paul.magee at canberra.edu.au
Fri Sep 21 09:52:18 CST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I¹m trying to find some statistics as to the Australian population¹s radio
listening habits. In particular I want to know what percentage of 20 year
olds regularly listen to the radio. I haven¹t found anything relevant from
the ABS, and all I can find otherwise is ratings of particular shows
relative to each other. Whereas I want to know if it¹s 30% of the total
Australian population (ideally by age group), who listen regularly to the
radio, or 50%, or whatever.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Paul

Dr. Paul Magee

President, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
Lecturer in Creative Reading
School of Creative Communication
University of Canberra
ACT 2601

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K