[csaa-forum] Humanities Workshop October 4

Gemma Black director at chass.org.au
Tue Sep 18 00:10:12 CST 2007

HUMANITIES WORKSHOP OCTOBER 4

This email is best viewed in your web browser. Click the link
below to see it:
http://chass.createsend.com/t/1/e/drtdr/iilutll/

If the RQF continues in its present form, how will humanities
scholars describe "impact"?

CHASSS is running a practical workshop at the University of
Sydney on October 4 to examine the nuts and bolts of the RQF, and
particularly the notion of Impact.

Featured speakers include Humanities RQF Panel Chair Iain
McCalman and a progress report from Leanne Harvey, Branch Manager
of the Research Quality Branch at DEST.  There will be a
combination of speakers, panel discussions and breakout sessions.
The workshop will enable humanities researchers to discuss
practical solutions to the demands of the RQF.

The event also looks to the future.  The alternative Government
has vowed to scrap the RQF.  If the ALP is elected to Government,
what advice does the Humanities have on a replacement system?
What shape should a new version of the assessment process take?

This workshop puts the Humanities on the front foot.  If the RQF
continues, our sector is better advised.  If the situation
changes, we have considered how it could be improved.

Can Humanities scholars afford to miss this event?

Registration details:  www.chass.org.au

Thanks,

CHASS