[csaa-forum] CSAA2007 Annual Conference CFP reminder - abstracts and proposals due July 31

Susan Luckman Susan.Luckman at unisa.edu.au
Fri Jul 20 12:47:49 CST 2007

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Cultural Studies Association of Australasia (CSAA)

 Annual Conference 2007

University of South Australia, Adelaide, December 6-8 2007

In 2007 the School of Communication at UniSA celebrates its 30th
anniversary of the accreditation of the first Australian BA degree in
Communications in 1977. As part of our celebrations we are proud to host
the CSAA Annual conference and invite attendees to consider what the
future holds for cultural research; how can we ensure our own survival
and how can we better contribute to the pressing debates of our time
about environmental and social sustainability? To this end, we invite
contributions which address these issues directly or which present
examples of current work in the field. Some of the key issues to be
considered:

*                     sustaining cultural diversity

*                     culture and a sustainable environment

*                     sustaining healthy societies

*                     sources of sustenance

*                     planning sustainable spaces

*                     social and cultural inclusion and reconciliation

*                     next generation sustainability

*                     sustaining cultural research

Plenary speakers will include:

Associate Professor Julian Agyeman, Tufts University, USA
Professor Tony Bennett, Open University, UK
Professor Stuart Cunningham, Director, QUT
Steve Hemming, Flinders University

Professor Stephen Muecke, University of Technology, Sydney

Associate Professor Daryle Rigney (Ngarrindjeri), Flinders University

Associate Professor Julian Sefton-Green, UniSA
Dr Zoe Sofoulis, University of Western Sydney

Professor Graeme Turner, University of Queensland

We welcome proposals for papers and panel presentations engaging with
the full range of current themes and issues in contemporary cultural
studies, cultural theory, cultural research and cultural production.
Panels will normally consist of three twenty-minute presentations.

Please note, general papers are also most welcome.

Abstracts (max 200 words) for individual papers and/or suggestions for
panels or alternative formats to be sent by July 31, 2007 to:
csaa2007 at unisa.edu.au <mailto:csaa2007 at unisa.edu.au>  Include with your
abstract a short biographical note (max 100 words) and which of the
above themes, if appropriate, you believe the paper or panel addresses.

dr susan luckman

senior lecturer in communication

school of communication

university of south australia