[csaa-forum] new book: Being Australian

Andrew Dunstall AndrewD at allenandunwin.com
Fri May 11 10:31:00 CST 2007

Allen & Unwin would like to announce the following new book on Australian culture and society, published this June.

Being Australian: Narratives of national identity by Catrional Elder

What does it mean to be Australian?  Or for that matter, UnAustralian?  This heavily politicised word has many different narratives spun around it.  Catriona Elder, (University of Sydney), delves into these narratives, and the distinctive traits associated with them, to explore the genesis, history and effects of these stories on Australian society.  Outlining these various identities, their role in Australian nationalism, and the various critiques of these narratives that are offered, Being Australian presents an introduction to studying Australia from social, cultural and historical view points.

You can read more about the book on our website, here:
http://www.allenandunwin.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?ISBN=9781741149289

For any enquiries about the book, please drop me a line on the contact details below.

Cheers,
Andrew

______________________________
Andrew Dunstall
Marketing Co-ordinator
Professional & Reference
Allen & Unwin Book Publishers
p: +61 (0)2 8425 0149
f:  +61 (0)2 9906 2218

Got a good idea for a book?

~ Enter the Iremonger Award for writing on public issues ~

A $10,000 prize for a book proposal in Australian political, social or cultural analysis for a general reader.
For more information, visit http://www.allenandunwin.com/awards/iremonger_award.asp