[csaa-forum] cfp: ethics of communication online

Donald Matheson donald.matheson at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 21 17:17:41 CST 2006

|  please forward  |  apologies for cross-posting  |

Call for papers – Ethical Space: The International Journal of Communication Ethics

Volume 4, Number 1

Themed issue: The ethics of communication online

Deadline for abstracts: January 30, 2007

Ethical Space, the international journal of  communication ethics, welcomes the submission of papers and articles for this special issue on the ethics of communication online. A decade on from the rapid diffusion of the Internet into everyday communication, what do we know about the ethical practices and problems of online communication? Where and under what conditions do we see ethical communication emerging, both public and interpersonal? Do the communication professions and industries perform more or less ethically online? The editors invite contributions addressing these and related questions. Contributions may cover matters such as:

* issues around citizen journalism
* censorship and propaganda online
* the online surveillance of marketing
* the ethics of self-publishing
* the ethics of Intranets
* email ethics
* the control of cyberspace
* online global networks and the collision of ethical frameworks
* theorising the ethics of interactivity
* the regulation of cyberspace
* the Internet and norms of public spaces

Please email a brief abstract or indication of interest in the first instance to donald.matheson at canterbury.ac.nz.

The journal publishes Papers of up to 5000 words (peer reviewed), Views and Articles of up to 3000 words and News Items of up to 1000 words.

Ethical Space is the journal of the Institute of Communication Ethics. Further details at: http://www.troubador.co.uk/ethicalspace.