[csaa-forum] PhD in Law, Gender and Sexuality

Baden Offord rofford at scu.edu.au
Mon Nov 20 07:32:47 CST 2006

Hi All,

This is from a Centre for Law, Gender, and Sexuality that I am part of and
that involves the universities of Kent, Westminster and Keele.

Do please pass on to anyone you know that may be interested, suggest they
have a look at the details below (and attached) and also have a good look at
our website www.kent.ac.uk/clgs/ to know more about the Centre and who is
there.

Thanks - I do hope this proves of some use to some of you

Best to all

Oliver

PhD IN LAW, GENDER AND SEXUALITY:

The AHRC Research Centre for Law, Gender and Sexuality (CentreLGS) welcomes
students interested in pursuing a PhD with a critical approach to gender and
sexuality in the following areas:

Ø      cultural studies

Ø      ethics and health

Ø      governance, regulation & the state

Ø      labour law/women's employment

Ø      religion

Ø      feminist theory

Ø      post-colonialism

Ø      lesbian, gay and queer studies

Ø      critical race theory

Ø      sexual and reproductive rights

Ø      access to justice

Ø      violence against women

Ø      equality & anti-discrimination

Interested?

Have a look at our website and contact any of our members working in your
field/area to discuss the possibility of supervision:
http://www.kent.ac.uk/clgs/members.html

Your PhD application should be sent directly to the University where your
prospective supervisor is based (not to CentreLGS). Once your application is
accepted by one of the three CentreLGS partner institutions (Keele, Kent &
Westminster), you are entitled to become a Centre member and participate in
all
Centre events and activities. CentreLGS actively supports student members
and
has a Postgraduate and Early Career Network (PECANS):
http://www.kent.ac.uk/clgs/training.html.

What about Funding?

CentreLGS is pleased to be able to offer one 3-year fee waiver for UK/EU
fees
(or equivalent deduction of non-UK/EU fees) to a student who will be
registered
at Kent Law School. The deadline for applications is 30 June 2007. To apply,
send your CV, name of proposed supervisor and research proposal to:
p.j.bernard at kent.ac.uk

In addition, Kent, Keele and Westminster Law Schools all offer studentships
on a
competitive basis. For PhD and studentship application procedures please
contact the law departments directly:

Kent:                     www.kent.ac.uk/law

Keele:                    www.keele.ac.uk/depts/la

Westminster:         www.wmin.ac.uk/law

Contact: CentreLGS, Kent Law School, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NS

--
Oliver Phillips, PhD.
Reader

Dr Baden Offord
BA (Syd) BA (Hons) PhD (SCU) MACE
Associate Professor in Cultural Studies

Co-Director, Centre for Peace and Social Justice
Chair, Human Research Ethics Committee

School of Arts & Social Sciences
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157 Lismore 2480
Australia

Telephone: + 61 2 66203 162
Fax: + 61 2 66 221 683

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mahatma Gandhi