[csaa-forum] post to forum

Obelia Modjeska Obelia.Modjeska at scmp.mq.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 15:53:26 CST 2006

Dear CSAA moderator,
I was wondeirng if you could kindly post the attached information r.e.
fellowships to the csaa forum
thankyou
Obelia

ARC Fellowships (APD / QEII & ARF / APF)
Division of Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy

Macquarie University

Information Session
Friday 17th November, 2006

The Division of SCMP invites you to an information session on ARC
Fellowships:

Australian Postdoctoral Fellowships (APD)
Queen Elizabeth II / Australian Research Fellowships (QEII / ARF)
Australian Professorial Fellowships (APF)

ARC Discovery grants for funding commencing 2008 close February 2007.
The Division of Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy at Macquarie
University is keen to encourage suitable applicants to apply for a
fellowship through the Division.

The Division of SCMP is dedicated to the conduct of quality
interdisciplinary and discipline-specific research and the training of
future leaders in three major areas which are at the cutting-edge of
contemporary society and culture in Australia and other liberal
democracies: social sciences and philosophy; media, communication and
culture; and indigenous arts and education. The Division houses the
following Departments and Centres:

Department of Anthropology
Centre for Research on Social Inclusion (CRSI)
Department of Critical and Cultural Studies
Department of International Communication
Department of Media
Department of Philosophy
Department of Sociology
Institute for Womens Studies
Warawara - Department of Indigenous Studies

If your research falls within one of these areas and you are interested
in applying for a fellowship, we invite you to contact the Divisions
Research Coordinator (details below). To enable us to source a potential
host for your application and/or possible collaborators for a team-based
Discovery project with an attached fellowship, interested applicants
should in the first instance send the following:

A completed Expression of Interest - (p. 2) of the Invitation Flyer
available via the Events section of the SCMP website
http://www.scmp.mq.edu.au
A CV
Brief (1 page max) outline of research interests and proposed
fellowship area of research

Send to:

Dr Obelia Modjeska
Research Coordinator
Division of Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy

Fax: +61 (02) 9850 9559
Email: Obelia.Modjeska at scmp.mq.edu.au
Postal address: Division of Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy
Macquarie University Sydney, NSW 2109 AUSTRALIA

Interested applicants may then attend an information session at the
Macquarie campus which will include:

Overview of ARC fellowship schemes
Advice on track-record and what makes a winning proposal
Information on resources to assist you in preparing and writing the
application
Information about the Division, our researchers, and our research
strengths
Opportunity to meet researchers in the Division who may be working in
similar fields of interest
Advice on linking up with a host Department/Centre

Please RSVP for the session to: Obelia.Modjeska at scmp.mq.edu.au or (02)
9850 7938