[csaa-forum] Humanities and Law Panel in the RQF

CHASS mail-list at chass.org.au
Tue Sep 5 12:11:51 CST 2006

Dear csaa-forum

The RQF process set down so far provides that assessments will be made by 12
Expert Assessment Panels. Panel 11 in the latest draft covers Humanities and
Law.

CHASS has been invited to provide advice on whether the spread of
disciplines in this panel is too broad to be covered by a panel of 12-15
persons.  The breadth of the current panel has been criticised because it
covers about one fifth of all assessments to be made.

If the panel were to be split into two separate Panels, how should the
disciplines be divided between them?

We have set out three possible approaches on our web site, and invite your
comments and advice.  Closing date for comments is Wednesday 13 September.

For details, see the item "The Humanities and Law Panel" on our web site:
www.chass.org.au

Yours sincerely

Malcolm Gillies
President