[csaa-forum] Another attack on CS in the Oz

Tanja Schwalm tsc22 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Jul 28 13:20:08 CST 2006

Hi there

Whilst I think it's probably a bit misguided to attack an academic
conference for its language, this article doesn't even look 'anti-theory' to
me. I think the main point she's trying to make is that we should
communicate our ideas in ways that 'the mainstream' can understand, and in
forums where 'the mainstream' gets to hear them. After all, our ideas need
to be 'out there' to make a difference. This, at least, seems a valid point
to me.

Tanja Schwalm

PhD student

University of Canterbury