[csaa-forum] Crossroads and ACS news

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Fri Jul 28 08:43:52 CST 2006

Hi list,

If you have exciting news to share with the rest of the cultural
studies world, I'm collecting contributions for the ACS newsletter
again - see below for details. It was great to have so much
Australasian content in the previous issue, so let's keep it up.

Is anyone back from Crossroads yet? Any reflections to share?

It has just been announced that the 2008 conference will be organized
by the Initiative in Cultural Studies at the University of the West
Indies in Mona, Jamaica. It should be about the same time, or perhaps
slightly earlier in July.

Melissa

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Johan Fornas <fornas at ACSIS.LIU.SE>
> Date: 27 July 2006 6:46:59 PM
> To: ACS at uta.fi
> Subject: [ACS] news call
>
> [Please excuse double posting]
>
> Dear ACS members and friends of cultural studies,
>
> The Newsletter of the Association for Cultural Studies is an e-zine
> called "Cultural Currents".
> We are now starting editing a third issue, planned to be published
> by the end of September.
>
> The deadline is set to 31 August 2006.
>

> We welcome contributions of all possible kinds, reflecting what
> happens globally in cultural studies.
>
> This forthcoming issue will have a large section relating to the
> Crossroads conference in Istanbul. We have specifically asked some
> 15-20 conference participants to contribute reflections on this
> event, but all of you are warmly welcome to send us material
> related to experiences and memories from the Istanbul Crossroads,
> so that the newsletter will represent a wide variety of aspects,
> impressions and learnings from this inspiring transnational meeting.
>
> Other contributions may for instance include:
>
> Short chronicles and articles on the state of cultural studies in a
> specific region or other issues of the field.
> Information and debate material concerning current problems and
> threats to cultural studies.
> Information on recent or forthcoming events in the field, including
> associations and networks, conferences and workshops, courses and
> programs, centres and departments, research projects, books and
> journals, grants and job opportunities.
> Reviews of books and conferences.
>
> The previous issues can be downloaded in Word and PDF formats from
> the ACS Intranet menu "Newsletter", reached through the ACS website:
> www.cultstud.org -> Membership -> Intranet -> Go to Intra
> or directly at:
> http://www.cultstud.org/intra
>
> Every member has received e-mail instructions on how to use the
> Intra, but in case you have problems logging in or using it, please
> contact Anna Byckling:
> anna.byckling at uta.fi
> (don't reply to this message).
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Johan Fornas    Anna Byckling
> Editor & Vice Chair     Co-Editor & Administrative Secretary

Dr. Melissa Gregg
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
and
Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies
School of English, Media Studies and Art History
University of Queensland 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

ph     61 7 3346 9762
mob  61 4 1116 5706