[csaa-forum] CHASS update April 2006

Toss Gascoigne director at chass.org.au
Mon Apr 24 14:02:40 CST 2006

Dear  csaa-forum

I wanted to give you a brief update on the "Expanding Horizons" event, and
to let you know the survey on collaborations closes on 1 May.

1.  "EXPANDING HORIZONS"
We have posted photos and a selection of feedback comments on our website.
Overall, participants scored the event at 8.2 out of 10.

We commissioned a 15 minute video of the event, and will be posting a DVD to
all registrants.

2. SURVEY ON COLLABORATIVE WORK CLOSES NEXT WEEK
We're doing a study on collaborative ventures between the Humanities, Arts &
Social Sciences (HASS), and the Science, Technology, Engineering and Medical
sectors (STEM).

You are invited to complete a short questionnaire that will inform our
study. If you have not participated in a cross-disciplinary project, the
survey is also for you. We would like to know why you have not been
involved.

Go directly to the survey from the CHASS homepage: www.chass.org.au.

One participant will be selected to win a dozen bottles of high quality
wine.

The principle aims of the investigation are to identify the key ingredients
to successful HASS/STEM collaborations and using these, develop strategies
that will increase the likelihood of success in future cross-disciplinary
work.

We are also be examining reasons collaborations don't work - or even get off
of the ground  - and will consider the impediments faced by collaborators.
Broad outcomes would include a set of recommendations to facilitate and
enhance collaborative success."

Regards

Toss Gascoigne

********
The best way to keep abreast of activities in CHASS is to register to
receive our newsletter.  Add your name to our distribution list at the home
page of the CHASS web site:  Www.chass.org.au
********
Toss Gascoigne
Executive Director
Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (CHASS)
28 Balmain Cres, ANU, ACT

Postal address
PO Box 8157, ANU, ACT AUSTRALIA 2601

Ph: 02 6249 1995 OR 02 6230 7179