[csaa-forum] Media International Australia MIA) call for papers

Liz Jacka liz.jacka at uts.edu.au
Tue Jan 10 11:07:15 CST 2006

MEDIA INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA

CALL FOR PAPERS

AUSTRALIAN TELEVISION HISTORY

Issue proposed for November 2006 (no. 121)

Editors: Liz Jacka and Sue Turnbull

For some people, television in Australia commenced in 1956, just in
time for the Melbourne Olympic Games, and this is the date which will
be commemorated by many in 2006. In this issue of MIA we wish to mark
the 50th anniversary of television with a series of articles which will
examine this fifty year history from a variety of different
perspectives.

We are interested in papers which address any aspect of television in
Australia, including:

•	technology,
•	industry
•	policy
•	international connections,
•	programming
•	programmes
•	televisual aesthetics
•	personalities
•	audiences

We are also interested in articles which link television in Australia
to such themes as memory, nation, community and affect, to name but a
few.

Please send abstracts (200 words) to Liz Jacka at liz.jacka at uts.edu.au
by March 31 2006.  Full articles required by July 31 2006.

Professor Liz Jacka
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
PO Box 123
NSW 2007
Australia
ph 61 2 9514 2311

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If