[csaa-forum] Brisbane - End of year MACS

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 18 11:08:19 CST 2005

Apologies to those who receive this twice.

Monthly MACS is a cross-institutional network of early career researchers,
postgraduate students, postdocs, RAs and sessional staff working in Media
and Cultural Studies across Brisbane. We meet once a month during semester
to discuss issues which relate to these roles, debate wider trends in the
field and have a few drinks afterwards.

The final MACS meet for 2005 will be held Friday December 2 in the CCCS
seminar room, UQ.

Come along to hear about - or debrief from - the CSAA conference in Sydney
and the pre-fix event for 'Early Career Researchers'.

We'll also have a more general discussion about what the latest ARC grant
announcements might mean for young academics in cultural studies, so we
would really appreciate senior academics attending as well.

When: 3.00-4.30pm, Friday 2nd December
Where: CCCS Seminar Room, Level 4, Forgan Smith Tower, St Lucia Campus,
University of Queensland, followed by drinks at the UQ staff club.

For more background on MACS visit this website:
http://cccs.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=22640
<http://cccs.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=22640&pid=21774> &pid=21774

Or contact Melissa Gregg: m.gregg at uq.edu.au

Best wishes to all for the festive season,

Melissa

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
and
Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies
School of English, Media Studies and Art History
The University of Queensland QLD 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

phone    61 7 3346 9762
mobile   61 4 1116 5706