[csaa-forum] Crossroads 2006 speakers announced

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Tue Oct 11 11:45:35 CST 2005

Dear list,

Please note that the keynote, plenary and spotlight speakers for Crossroads
in Istanbul are now confirmed and listed on the conference webpage.

http://www.crossroads2006.org/confprog.asp

Quite apart from the range of speakers included here I'm sure you'll share
my delight that Professor Marcia Langton and Assoc. Prof. Ghassan Hage have
accepted their invitations. It's hard to believe but Australia-New Zealand
is currently a 'small enrolment' group within the International Association
for Cultural Studies which does little justice to the history of cultural
studies in our region or the amount of work currently being done in its
name. I would urge as many people as can make it to Istanbul next year to
consider attending as it promises to be an important event in the developing
international context for our research. Suggestions for panel sessions and
individual papers are welcome; the deadline for the first call for papers is
October 31. Further details are on the website.

Melissa Gregg
(Australia-New Zealand Rep and Organisational Secretary, ACS)

Dr. Melissa Gregg
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
and
Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies
School of English, Media Studies and Art History
University of Queensland Australia 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

ph     61 7 3346 9762
mob  61 4 1116 5706