[csaa-forum] POST SUBURBAN SYDNEY: THE CITY IN TRANSFORMATION

ccr ccr at uws.edu.au
Fri Oct 7 10:01:30 CST 2005

We're pleased to announce the following upcoming symposium to be hosted
by the Centre for Cultural Research, University of Western Sydney:

POST SUBURBAN SYDNEY:  THE CITY IN TRANSFORMATION
22-23 November, 2005
Riverside Theatre, Parramatta

How are we to understand the spatial order of contemporary Sydney?
What models describe its emergent forms?

Moving from aerial vistas of spatial pattern to ground-level worlds of
lived experience, we want to ask:
is suburbia its own 'way of life', and where precisely is it?
Is there now (or was there ever) such a mode of urban being with a set
of defining cultural, political and landscape values?

You are warmly invited to attend this event  -  sponsored by UWS,
Parramatta City Council and Delfin Lend Lease  -  at which a small
number of invited speakers will present papers and engage in discussion
on the complex cultural configuration we are calling Post Suburban
Sydney.

The website address is as follows
http://sites.uws.edu.au/uws/conferences/postsub/

We have also attached a soft copy flyer of the event.

Please feel free to circulate this invitation to all academics, urban
professionals, and other stakeholders interested in Sydney's form,
figuration, and future.

Centre for Cultural Research
University of Western Sydney
Parramatta Campus