[csaa-forum] RE: tone of public discourse,

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Fri Apr 1 17:06:08 CST 2005

Hi Jonathan

1) I'm sorry if my post offended you, or anyone else. I am happy to retract
it, have it removed from the archives and not post such things again. I have
no wish to create horror. Some people enjoyed it, but I realise that there's
no accounting for taste.

2) I don't think it makes sense to call this forum "edited", or "formal",
going by previous discussions, but the list administrators may want to
correct this.

3) I do understand the difference between academic cultural studies
methodologies and other forms of writing and argument - I am a professional
researcher and consultant. I don't list my e-mails in my publications
history. I made no "pretense of academic rigour". You can contact me
*personally* within 24 hours to retract the assertion to our professional
community that I don't know what research is, or I will be calling my lawyer
to initiate defamation proceedings. I believe he has represented our subject
himself, and as a lawyer he is a mongrel without compassion, I tell you.
Hates academics particularly.

4) If you recall my follow-up, I suggested that the post was "satirical" in
intent.

Regards,

Danny

ps - You don't really have to contact me, I was just trying out a more
formal tone.

--
http://www.dannybutt.net
adventures in cultural politics (weblog) - http://weblog.dannybutt.net