[csaa-forum] ACS news

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 13 12:34:14 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

Towards the end of last year the Association for Cultural Studies (the
association behind the biennial Crossroads in Cultural Studies
conference) held board elections and members of this list might be
interested to know that the new President of the Association is
Professor Meaghan Morris. On behalf of the csaa-forum I would like to
congratulate Meaghan on this exciting result.

I will be serving as Australia/New Zealand representative and have also
been elected Organisational Secretary for the association and it is in
this capacity that I invite old and prospective members of ACS to renew
membership and join the gathering momentum for this international
network. Details on membership are at the website:

http://cultstud.org/

Meanwhile anyone can subscribe to the general ACS email list here:

https://listserv.uta.fi/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=acs&A=1

During the term of this board we are seeking to increase the
representativeness and scope of this association still further. If you
would like to advertise your involvement with cultural studies to an
international audience please forward any of the following information
for inclusion in the ACS website and upcoming newsletter:

  -associations and networks in the field
  -units: centres and departments
  -programmes and courses
  -conferences
  -research projects
  -publications: new books and journals
  -job opportunities, fellowships and grants
  -problems and threats

Short articles on key issues for cultural studies today, or reports on
the state of the cultural studies in specific world regions or
subfields, are also welcome. Such contributions will be immensely
important for our efforts to globally strengthen the association and
reach new groups of scholars and activists devoted to critical and
interdisciplinary cultural studies.

Material to the website and/or newsletter should be mailed to:
anna.byckling at uta.fi
The deadline for newsletter issue #1 is 1 March 2005, but the website
will be continuously updated.

I will be writing a regional report for the newsletter and welcome any
comments or suggestions for that as well.
Thanks

Melissa Gregg
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
4th Floor, Forgan Smith Tower
University of Queensland 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

ph     61 7 3346 9762