[csaa-forum] bolt, sticks and stones, and a proposal: read turner!

Elspeth Probyn elspeth.probyn at arts.usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 15 09:50:45 CST 2004

i heartily second tony's suggestion. also i think gil's response is
important. the point is not about bolt's sex life but rather how he fans
a climate against work on gender and sex. no-one seems to have noticed -
apart from some of my pgrads - that he got several things wrong in his
attack on my work. i don't care greatly, although it is ennervating to
see one's life work dismissed. what i hate is the way he and others go
for our students. no-one in academe is going to pay attention to his
evaluation of our academic work but parents will read it and think oh no
i don't want my sons and daugters being taught by her. that's where it
hurts us both individually and as a group.

--

/Elspeth Probyn FAHA/

/Professor of Gender Studies/

/The University of Sydney A 14/