[csaa-forum] Sites of Cosmopolitanism 2005

sandy strike_curious_poses at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 30 10:34:21 CST 2004

heya,

well your wonderful hosting makes me want to come back to brissy - or move there. did i just accidentally send this email when it was only a sentence? to the csaa list? i fucking hope not.

Melissa Gregg <m.gregg at uq.edu.au> wrote:

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/tiff x-unix-mode=0666; name=image.tiff
>

> Sites of Cosmopolitanism: Citizenship, Aesthetics, Culture
> Presented by Centre for Public Culture and Ideas, Griffith University
>                                     6- 8 July 2005
>                                Brisbane, Australia
>

> Sites of Cosmopolitanism is an interdisciplinary conference that
> engages theorists and practitioners
> in architecture, urban planning, design, art, fashion, literary
> studies, film studies, visual culture, cultural
> studies, aesthetics, political philosophy, history, sociology and
> social theory.
>

> ATTACHMENT part 4 image/tiff x-unix-mode=0666; name=image.tiff
>

> Confirmed conference speakers:
> Associate Professor Anne Friedberg
> (Cinema and Television, Critical Studies, University of Southern
> California)
> Professor Graeme Turner (Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies,
> University of Queensland)
> Professor John Urry (Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of the
> Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University)
> Dr Randolph Delahunty (Museum Director/Curator and Historian, The
> Presidio Trust, San Francisco) [Sponsored by the Museum of Brisbane]
> Professor Robert Holton (Chair of Sociology and Director of the Policy
> Institute, Trinity College, Dublin)
> Professor Geoffrey Stokes (Politics, Deakin University)
>
> Conference Convenors:
> Dr David Ellison (Arts, Media and Culture, Griffith University,
> Nathan)   d.ellison at griffith.edu.au
> Dr Ian Woodward (Arts, Media and Culture, Griffith University, Nathan)
> i.woodward at griffith.edu.au
>
> Organising committee:
> Dr Margaret Gibson (University of New England), Dr Helen Groth
> (Macquarie University),
> Associate Professor Gavin Kendall (Queensland University of
> Technology),
> Dr Zlatko Skrbis (University of Queensland), Louise Denoon (Museum of
> Brisbane)
>
> For more details see: http://www.griffith.edu.au/centre/cpci/
> Or contact: Jill Jones, Events Coordinator, CPCI,
> j.jones at griffith.edu.au or 61 7 3875 7338
>

> Jill Jones
> Events Co-ordinator
> Centre for Public Culture and Ideas
> Macrossan (N16) Building, Room 1.58C
> Nathan Campus
> Griffith University
> Brisbane   Qld  4111
> Australia
>
> Phone:  07 387 57338
> Fax:      07 387  54132
> Email:  j.jones at griffith.edu.au

Melissa Gregg
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
4th Floor, Forgan Smith Tower
University of Queensland 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

ph 61 7 3346 9762
mob 61 4 1116 5706
fax 61 7 3365 7184

csaa-forum
discussion list of the cultural studies association of australasia

www.csaa.asn.au

Seriously, if you want the oil that bad, go about it the right way. It's like meeting a girl that you never met in your entire life and trying to have sex with her. Listen dude, girls will tell you don't go, 'Hi I would like to have some serious sex with you.' The quickest way is through her mind; go about it a different way. - Pharrell from the Neptunes speaks out against the war.