[csaa-forum] Invitation: Early Career Researchers Morning

Amanda Wise amanda.wise at scmp.mq.edu.au
Thu Nov 25 13:32:13 CST 2004

Dear CSAA Members

My centre--the Centre for Research on Social Inclusion at Macquarie
University--is holding a morning for Early Career Researchers,
especially those who are close to PhD completion or casually /
'underemployed' after their PhD. If you are or know someone who falls
into this category, please see the invitation below. I'd be grateful if
you could pass this onto relevant colleagues who may not be members of
this list, and/or pin the attached advertisement to your noticeboard.

Here is the official invite, and there's also one in PDF format
attached.

Thanks
Amanda

-----

CENTRE FOR RESEARCH ON SOCIAL INCLUSION
www.crsi.mq.edu.au

EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS MORNING

The Centre for Research on Social Inclusion at Macquarie University
would like to extend an invitation to relevant Early Career Researchers
(those who have completed PhDs within the last three years and those
close to submission) to attend an Early Career Researchers Morning.

The Centre for Research on Social Inclusion does interdisciplinary
social, theoretical and cultural research in the broad field of Social
Inclusion/Exclusion. Centre researchers are drawn from various
disciplines including Philosophy, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Media
Studies, Sociology, Women's Studies, and Indigenous Studies.

We have five areas of particular research concentration within the broad
field of Social Inclusion. The concentrations are:

. Migration and Multiculturalism
. The Postcolonial World & Globalisation
. Critical Theory & Social Hope
. Inclusion and Exclusion in Urban & Regional Spaces
. Welfare, Care and Social Policy

The purpose of the Early Career Researchers Morning is to provide
information on;

. Research career opportunities with our centre;
. Information on internal postdoctoral schemes;
. Support and mentorship the centre offers in developing ARC
postdoctoral fellowship applications;
. Applying to become a formal 'Research Affiliate' of the centre;
. Opportunities for employment as research assistant on centre projects.

The session will also provide an opportunity for Early Career
Researchers to learn more about the Centre and meet our current
researchers.

If your research falls within the centre's area of interest, we would
like to invite you to attend on:

When: 	Wednesday 15th December 2004
Time:	11am-1pm
Where:	Centre for Research on Social Inclusion
	Macquarie University
	Divisional Meeting Room, Room 707.
	Building W6A, 7th Floor.

IMPORTANT: If you wish to attend, please RSVP to Obelia Modjeska (by
email: omodjeska at scmp.mq.edu.au or by Phone: (02) 9850-9171) by
Wednesday 8th December.

Information on the Centre and more detail on our research concentrations
can be found at www.crsi.mq.edu.au

Dr Amanda Wise
Research Fellow - Manager Research Development
Centre for Research on Social Inclusion
Macquarie University
Building W6A, Room 701, Phone: +61 2 9850-8835
Email: amanda.wise at scmp.mq.edu.au
Web: www.crsi.mq.edu.au