[csaa-forum] Brisbane - Friday is last MACS meet for 2004

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 15 11:43:51 CST 2004

More info at: http://cccs.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=22640&pid=21774

Monthly MACS is a new cross-institutional network of early career
researchers, postgraduate students, postdocs, RAs and sessional staff
working in Media and Cultural Studies across Brisbane. We meet once a month
to discuss issues which relate to these roles, to debate wider trends in the
field, and to have a few drinks afterwards...

The last MACS meet for 2004 is 3 PM this Friday November 19 @ the CCCS
Seminar Room, UQ.

Leading up to the summer break/ conference season, we thought it would be a
good time to talk about academic associations and networks - how they work,
who's in them, what they're good for and why postgrads and early career
researchers need to know about them.

Speakers will be:

* Alan McKee on the Cultural Studies Association of Australasia (CSAA) *

* Mark McLelland on AsiaPacifiQueer (APQ) *

* Prof Tom O'Regan on the Australian and New Zealand Communication
Association (ANZCA) *

* Axel Bruns on fibreculture and the Association of Internet Researchers
(AoIR) *

Plus a bunch of other association reps will join in the usual extended
discussion leading on to drinks. Do come! All welcome and please pass this
on to colleagues/ friends.