[csaa-forum] trashy magpies explanation

Alan McKee a.mckee at qut.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 11:14:25 CST 2004

>Danny

Sorry I wasn't clear in my posting. I was concerned that there was an
assumption in the posts about 'magpies' that if CS academics did 'cross
over' into other kinds of cultural production, it would be poetry, art or
some other kind of high culture. What I was saying was that we need to
remember that there are people working in the *production* of trashy
journalism, reality tv, manufactured pop music, etc, who are doing
interesting thinking about the workings of culture. Some of them might also
be doing CS in the academy?

Alan

Alan McKee, PhD
Film and Television