[csaa-forum] Re: Email disclaimer

Rob Garbutt rgarbutt at scu.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 08:49:01 CST 2004

Ian, my apologies if my post offended.  My attempted humour was not wise.

But I am interested in the proliferation of these disclaimers and
what they actually do or change, who they are intended for and what
they are a symptom of. I can't quite believe that adding a disclaimer
to anything we write alters our or our organisation's responsibility
for what is written, nor would a disclaimer's absence diminish the
responsibility of those who wished to use an email in an
"unauthorised" manner.

But maybe I am wrong and the disclaimers work a treat. If so, should
they be added to everything written, email or otherwise, just in case
a law suit wafts our way?

Rob.