[csaa-forum] Fwd: [ job opportunity ]

Devleena Ghosh Devleena.Ghosh at uts.edu.au
Fri May 21 14:37:40 CST 2004

> Position Description:
> Research Centre in Cultural Studies: Trans/forming Cultures.
> (re-advertised position)
>
> Grants and Outreach Co-ordinator
> Level 5 Step 1 ($27.95 p/h)
> June 2004 - February 2005 inclusive.
> 2 days a week
>
> Supervisor:
> 1.	Director, Trans/forming Cultures
> 2.	Administrative Manager, Trans/forming Cultures
>
> Background
> The Centre for Cultural Studies: Trans/forming Cultures has recently
> been designated a University Research Centre. As such, it is revising
> its priorities to maximise the capacities of researchers and
> associates of the Centre in the short and medium term. The Centre has
> previously operated with a part-time Administrative Manager and a
> part-time Director. That situation has changed with the appointment of
> a full-time Director. The Centre also works closely with the Research
> Manager for the Faculty and other senior Faculty staff and academic
> leaders in research. There are specific areas where we wish to make
> the most of the opportunities that UTS offers as a city campus with a
> strong commitment to public outreach and socially-relevant research.
> In the first instance these areas are; outreach to Sydney’s
> communities and institutions; and attention to grant opportunities
> including and beyond the ARC Discovery and Linkage schemes.
>
> The Post
> The current suggestion, Grants and Outreach Co-ordinator, is a
> short-term position in the first instance, although we hope to
> continue the position, if it proves successful, in 2005.  It is
> designed to extend the capacity of TfC researchers and associates, by
> bringing their work to the attention of relevant bodies in Sydney and
> NSW. The person will have experience in one or more of the following
> areas of work: database management, grant writing and application
> processes, funding applications, research budgeting, public
> communications, community work and cultural research. They should hold
> at least an Honours degree in a discipline related to the research
> work carried out in the Centre.
>

> Responsibilities
>
> 1.	To provide a weekly digest of relevant grant opportunities to
> researchers and associate researchers 	in the Centre.
> 2.	To identify funding and grant opportunities which could be
> appropriate to TfC researchers and existing 	research strengths, and
> to assist those researchers in the application process.
> 3.	To work with the Director of the Centre to identify and make
> contact with local and national 			institutions, industries, and
> community leaders, with a view to sharing research needs and
> 			opportunities for joint funding applications and consultancies.
> 4.	To manage the data, that arises from these meetings and from TfC
> research findings, and to create 		an annotated database for TfC
> researchers to access.
> [...]
(Dr) Devleena Ghosh
Senior Lecturer
Writing Journalism and Social Inquiry
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Technology, Sydney
Australia

Postal address: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
Phone and Voice Mail: +61-2-95142289
Fax: +61-2-95142332

"To plunder, to butcher, to steal, these things they misname empire;
and where they make a desolation, they call it peace."
The British resistance leader Galgacus speaking to his troops about the
Roman invasion, c 80 AD in Tacitus, Agricola 30

"My memory is in the way of your history."
Agha Shahid Ali, "Farewell", 1997 AD

"I set it in India so that its improbability might be bearable."
Jorge Luis Borges, commenting on his short story, 'The Man on the
Threshold'

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If